Raiz


     Watercolor is something that I am still working to improve on. I wanted this weeks art work to be loose and vibrant. Octavio Paz describes how mexican culture came under attack through revolutions that took place. He through around the idea that The mexican culture was "chingado" in more ways then one. I think the class was upset about what he says in the book, and I understand why, and I wanted to show here that the Raiz, no matter where it is, it produces beautiful things.
     In the painting, I put down some puddles, and dropped some watercolor onto them and watched them mix together, then I ran my quill pen from one puddle onto the other. I think the process of creating this piece  carried allot of ideas with it. Its about the assimilation and how the roots become intertwined with others.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment