Tierra Y Corazon


     I felt that it was appropriate to portray the image of the bull and the matador as a representation of what Tierra Y Corazon means to me in regards to my experience with Mexican culture. I seldom visited my mothers home land in Cinaloa, so much of what I envisioned about Mexico while growing up was the festival. Through various films I recall scenes of horse back riding and the more memorable in my mind, the bull fight.          
     Bull fighting as I would later come to learn have an interesting relationship to the mexican culture. As with many festive customs, the Bullfight originated in Spain. The event is a commemorative representation of the reconquista, "the spaniard's driving out the moors from Spain. The Bull represents the heart while the event is a new tradition to the new world.



No comments:

Post a Comment