Milpa


     My thoughts for this peace were about the milpas, and corn as a way of life. After viewing some of the videos and discussions in class, I felt that the Milpas are a big representation of who the mexican people are. We saw them in rural arias celebrating. I think I see what Tony was eluding to when he asked us about the ritual/ceremony. The way people live in the Milpas are much different from the world that we see here.
     My thinking in this picture is that, the Milpa permeates the family at its core. It is a way of survival, to harvest the corn. And survival is a skill that is passed on from one to the other. Corn represents life and i felt that it was a good balance to show how the male is working the Milpa, the mother is grinding the corn, and the child is learning how to cultivate and about a way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment