Final Thoughts

     As the class drew to an end, I remember thinking that the nights we spent together singing and looking at our work would not last forever, but in some way, each night was a fiesta. The readings on Octavio Paz, were great inspiration for the works that were produced in class, and I think the songs evoked a sense of a different time and place.
    I formed many of my own ideas through the synthesis of the song and readings. Some of the songs were familiar, but I would come to find out that what we were actually listening to were original versions. I liked that there were so many connections throughout the artists that we were looking at. It seems that there was a circle of artists that had a camaraderie with each all creating this wonderful work that inspired a way of life and influence on Mexican culture.
     I learned to think of art in new ways. I had fun trying to capture moments through songs and places, and it was great seeing all the work produced every week and seeing how everyone had a different yet similar understandings of the themes we were exploring. I look forward to creating more work, and submerging myself in more of the things that we glanced at in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment